Sunday, January 21, 2007

News from Leno, Letterman, and... blogs

There have been studies that say majority of Americans get their news from Leno and Letterman (the geeks get their share from Colbert and Stewart), not from the regular news programs.

I can see why. I've switched to getting my news feeds on the Internet thru RSS and have realiezed that CNN etc. deluge you with news items. Every little thing is reported - it's their stated goal, after all but it's also extremely overwhelming. Every day, the CNN home page news feed has over 100 items. Same with the WSJ or NYT. Moreover, the news items overlap and sometimes get repeated in the same feed with minor variation. Also, these feeds are very boring.

Just like network news.

So now I get my 'news' primarily thru other blogs that update a lot less frequently and are funny or quirky or opinion-oriented.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?