Sunday, January 18, 2004

The only way to be PC is to remain silent


A bunch of us were invited to a friend's place for lunch today. While the hosts were busy in the kitchen, I took the TV remote control in my hand and asked the other guests "Gosh! Isn't this thing ugly?" Everybody was "Aww..." They were all in agreement, mind you; but apparently I had said the unspeakable.

Last night we were at another friend's bachelor bash. We were teasing him. They were asking him, "How tall is she?" So I piped in and asked "What does she weigh?" Again "Aww..." I'd spoken the unspeakable. They were asking "What does she look like?", "What's her skin color?" And I asked "Is she plump or thin?" Again the same "Aww...."


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?